Allett have officially launched the 'Allett Creative Lawn Stripes Competition' as of today (31st March 2020). If you think that striped lawns are limited to the homes of the British, you need to look at some of the past entries. Striped lawns used to be the preserve of the British garden, but now keen gardeners from around the globe compete each year for this coveted green award.
Last year's lawn stripes competition (judged by 2018 Winner Keith Smith) was Czako Erik of Hungary with a stunning and technically difficult pattern on grass of a quality normally seen in a national football stadium.
‘I wanted to mix circles and squares in such a way to show both of them. It’s a simple pattern but hard to make it accurately because of the contact points of the mower. It took me three hours to complete in total using an Allett Kensington 14K. I work for a delivery food company and play football in league four. When I was a child I watched English premier league football matches and dreamt of playing on amazing pitches like the ones I saw on TV. In Hungary the pitches aren’t as high quality as UK pitches so I decided to make a lawn like one. Hungary’s gardeners told me it wasn’t possible due to our climate however I got advice from English groundsmen and my dream came true''
Judges comments: A striking entry with a linked chain theme. By combining a traditional and regimented striped lawn and incorporating a contrasting and mirrored swirl, Erik Czakó wins by combining a simplistic design which is technically difficult. The higher than normal height of cut has enabled strong stripes in a very healthy turf.
The 2019 competition attracted entries from ten different countries including; England, Wales, Netherlands, Scotland, USA, Sweden, Hungary, Ukraine, Denmark and France.
This year’s prize is as follows; a Liberty 43 with ALL of its cartridges and 2 cartridge stands. We will be hoping for MORE entries from MORE countries! You DON'T have to use an Allett Mower to enter.
This year's lawn stripes judge will be announced soon!
Our chosen judge will be selecting what he (or she) thinks is the most creative lawn stripes design at the end of August 2020 when the competition will close. We are looking for something different- can you use garden features to create your design? We are not looking for straight stripes- the most creative design will win!
Lawn Stripes Competition T & C's
1. This competition is open to all aged 18 years and over, except for employees of Allett Ltd, our agents, Allett Distributors & Dealers or anyone else professionally associated with the competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
3. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of any entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. To enter this competition, participants must submit their entry to email@example.com
together with their name, full address and contact details. Once submitted, Allett Mowers cannot accept any amends to any part of an entry.
5. All entries must be received by midnight GMT 31 August 2020.
6. All entries submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that their entry does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
7. Copyright in all entries submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants, however, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Allett Ltd to feature any or all of the submitted entries in any of their publications, their website and /or in any promotional material connected to this competition or future competitions. Entrants will not receive remittance for such publication, though their work may be credited.
8. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
9. The winning entry shall be judged on creativity by Allett’s team of lawn experts with final placement decided by this years judge (to be confirmed). The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The winning entrant shall win an Allett Liberty 43 lawnmower, with the complete Allett Lawn Care System of 6 interchangeable cartridges, comprised of an aerator, a scarifier, a lawn brush, a dethatcher, a verticutter and a 10-bladed cartridge. Two cartridge stands will also be included to conveniently store all the cartridges concerned.
11. The winner shall be notified within three weeks of the closing date.
12. In the event of Allett Mowers being unable to contact the overall winner within three weeks of the closing date or of the winner being unable to accept their prize, Allett Ltd reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant who, in the opinion of the judges and in accordance with these terms and conditions, is the next best entry.
13. The winner may be required to take part in publicity. Any publicity relating to this competition must be approved by Allett first.
14. The winners’ name, county or region and country may be disclosed to anyone who writes within one month after the published closing date, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope, to Allett 2020 Stripe Competition Winner, Allett Ltd, Regal House, Airfield Industrial Estate, Hixon, Staffordshire UK ST18 0PF.
15. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Allett Mowers and accordingly Allett Mower’s may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees no liability shall be attached to Allett Mowers as a result thereof.
To confirm- to enter this competition, participants must submit their entry to firstname.lastname@example.org together with their name, full address and contact details. Closing date 31st August 2020
If you have any questions regarding the competition please email email@example.com
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device